The American Girl Attic Girls

The American Girl Attic Girls

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Kit's News and Views



Welcome to the July 17th edition of Kit's News and Views!  Let's see what's happening around Cincinnati and the rest of the nation of American Girls:

Rebecca's Lace dress has been rumored to be retiring for some time now.  It just disappeared from the website on Friday.  :( 


Isabelle Dances Into the Spotlight is showing in American Girl stores this weekend!  Don't miss out!!! 


There are TOOOONS I mean TOOOOONS of new MAG items!  Go check it out!  Here are some of my favorites:  

Kit's birthday dress is retiring so pick it up if you haven't!!!

BIG NEWS TIME:

Starting Monday, July 14th, American Girl will be having an in-store only 50% off sale on select items while supplies last.  I'm so exciting because my AG store trip is in 3 days!!!  American Girl mentioned in their email that the Cello set and the old Coconut Play outfit will be part of the sale.  The rest of the sale items will be a surprise!  


REALLY BIG SAD NEWS:


I checked the AG publishing website and I noticed that ALL RETIRED AG BOOKS EXCEPT FOR THE MYSTERIES WERE GONE.  Gone.  All gone...

I don't know if they are redoing them into Beforever format, or if AG changed their minds about keeping retired AG literature. If they are indeed getting rid of them, this is extremely sad news.  The books are the heart of AG and this brought me to tears. 
For those of you who are confused, the AG publishing website is where all book stores and retailers get their AG book shipments.  Which can only mean one thing:  they are not selling retired AG books to retailers and are phasing them out.  Even though AG said they are keeping the books and the mini dolls, but from what I've seen (they already got rid of Nellie, Emily, and Molly mini dolls, and Ivy, Ruthie, the NOLA minis are on clearance)  If you go by this, I think the books are going too.  
This is the last straw for me, and if this becomes true I don't think I will be purchasing from AG anymore.  
American Girl even posted on their facebook page last week in response to this outrage that they will not be getting rid of the books and that the books are here to stay.  I'm not buying it.  They said no dolls were retiring this year and look what happened.  They deliberately lied, and I don't like giving my money to places that do that.  So this trip to AG may very well be my last until I see an improvement with their business practices.  

For now, let's all have a moment of silence for our beloved, forgotten characters that we cherished as little kids.  
Beforever
» Kaya
» Caroline
» Josefina
» Samantha
» Addy
» Rebecca
» Kit
» Julie
Advice and Activity
» Advice
» Activities
Bitty Baby
» Bitty Baby
Other Titles
» Girl of the Year
» Innerstar University
» American Girl magazine

We found 6 matches for search term "felicity"

1 to 6 of 6
1
Felicity—Stories from Colonial America


  $
Very Funny, Elizabeth!
by Valerie Tripp
illustrated by Dan Andreasen
PB 9781593690618 $6.95
Peril at King's Creek: A Felicity Mystery
by Elizabeth McDavid Jones
illustrated by Jean-Paul Tibbles
PB 9781593691011 $6.95
Traitor in Williamsburg: A Felicity Mystery
by Elizabeth McDavid Jones
illustrated by Jean-Paul Tibbles
PB 9781593692964 $6.95
A Thief in the Theater: A Kit Mystery
by Sarah Masters Buckey
illustrated by Jean-Paul Tibbles
PB 9781593692940 $6.95
Lady Margaret's Ghost: A Felicity Mystery
by Elizabeth McDavid Jones
illustrated by Jean-Paul Tibbles
PB 9781593694746 $6.95

1 to 6 of 6
1

No comments:

Post a Comment