The American Girl Attic Girls

The American Girl Attic Girls

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Sorry for Abandoning this Blog...Im on Instagram now!

Hello if anyone still follows this blog.  I'm sorry I have abandoned the blog with no explanation!!! I am really busy with college, and my favorite thing to do with dolls is take photos of them, which is much easier to do from my phone and more often than to run a blog that I cannot do on the go.  I also post news every so often.   I have been on agig (american girl instagram) for awhile now and I am very active on there! If you would like to follow me I'm theagdollbunch! So don't worry, I am still alive and well and having fun with my American Girl doll collection: https://www.instagram.com/theagdollbunch/

Also I will be posting this real quick since it is hard to post it on Instagram, and I will be linking it on my insta account.  Below is a compilation of Our Generation outfits, furniture, and accessories that I feel would work well with various Beforever and GOTY characters.  Its always fun to see what we can add to our collections when we have everything from AG for a character, or they are retired, such as past GOTY dolls. I tried to stick with mostly still "in stock" merchandise on target.com and new items.  A few outfits show "___ remaining order soon!" so if you see something you like, check on its stock! For example the retro school outfit only has 8 left. Enjoy!





For Chrissa, I had to include swimwear and the new picnic table!  The picnic table is so similar to the one Chrissa had in her collection in 2009, so if you missed out Target is the place to go.  I also included winter wear since a lot of her story takes place in cold weather.  I really like the new yellow snow outfit with the sled, because its similar to the one Chrissa had.  And of course her set wouldn't be complete without the sewing table since she likes crafts!  

Grace has a lot of cool stuff at Target too since OG tried to cater to the baking/Paris craze last year.  I included a lot of outfits that had her color theme or had a Paris feel to them, like the one on the bottom right.  The new bulldog pjs are perfect for Grace because they have her color scheme and she has a French bulldog.  I included the baking sets, the food sets with french desserts in them and the ice cream truck of course!  I also added the traveling set for her trip to Paris.  And a scooter just for fun!

Isabelle has a lot of cute stuff too.  I forgot to add the sewing machine though oops!  Also the OG wooden wardrobe is good for all her outfits.  I added dance outfits and cute outfits for school that are - well a bit overkill on the pink but they seem to be her style.  The bed looked perfect for her as well.  And I added some friends!!!
 Julie has lots of items since OG has been making 70s retro outfits as well.  I added the car and car wash set since she used to have a car, and a bicycle.  I of course had to add a basketball outfit and some sporty clothes.  I really like the new retro outfit (below the car) because it has a "J" on the jacket!  How perfect for Julie!  I added all of the 70s retro accessory packs, and the lava lamp set.  Plus the sundress and hat for strolls on the beach.  Dang I can't wait to shop at Target myself now. 

There are quite a few beachy, Hawaiian items for Kanani!  I included the new purple pineapple dress that is similar in theme to her luau outfit.  There's also pineapple pajamas for dolls and girls.   The flamingo ones are cute too.  It wouldn't be complete without the Hawaiian grass skirt set and swimsuits! 

There aren't as many options for Kit, but there are plenty of dresses with peter pan collars and outfits that suite her style.  I included two overall sets, a retro school outfit, and the outfit with the red striped shirt that is exactly the same one she wears in "A Surprise for Kit" under the dress with the green rick rack that doesn't fit her anymore.  I thought the plaid nightgown would go well, and the grey coat set is similar to the retired one.  And it wouldn't be complete without a picnic set for hobo village treks and a "Waste Not Want Not" gardening set lol 

Of course Lanie has the camper :D.  And the bird watching set.  I included mostly outdoorsy outfits, like the overall set with the strawberry bag, which is new.   And I suppose Moose pjs would be fitting for an animal and environment lover.  


And Lea, our current girl of the year!!!  I included the kayak, snorkeling gear, hiking and camping gear, and some outfits that are similar to her hiking outfit.  I also added traveling supplies for her trip to Brazil and a Jeep which fits in well with the movie.  

Maryellen by far has the most.  I included the camper because she was originally supposed to get a 1950s airstream camper and summer outfit last year, but it never happened so it may have been scrapped by AG.  I also put the car and the baby blue laundry set.  And the diner of course.  I have two 1950s party dresses, the poodle skirt set, several cute 1950s dresses and the car hop oufits.  I also included three adorable new 50s outfits (above Maryellen in picture), plus the girl scouts set!



The loft bed sets are at Toys R Us and Walmart if anyone is wondering. 
I included the tent for her camping trip with Josie, rain gear for Seattle weather, the new get better soon outfit set with the leg cast, the new plaid school outfit, the shoe caddy to store her rain boots and umbrella, and school supplies.  Plus the gymnastics outfit. 

I thought the pjs with the penguin match perfectly with Mia's set.  Basically all the ice skating outfits and winter gear.  

I couldn't find any art stuff so I combined Nicki and Saige's love of horses.  I put all the riding outfits and some country type outfits.  The outfit on the bottom left is perfect for Saige.  I also included a dog for Nikki to train and a lemonade set for Saige's lemonade stand attempts with her friends.  
And lastly Samantha.  She didn't have as many truly era accurate outfits, but I picked ones that are close.  The coat is absolutely perfect and the pajamas are close enough.  I also thought the outfit with the hat would look cute on her as well as the lacy dress with the apron.  I included the canopy bed and tea set.  

Well I hope you all enjoyed!!! I had a lot of fun with this!  Follow me on instagram for all my doll fun and updates!



No comments:

Post a Comment