The American Girl Attic Girls

The American Girl Attic Girls

Monday, August 25, 2014

Beforever: Historically Inspired Outfits

 One of the more recent Beforever videos inspired me to create my own historically inspired outfits using clothes I already had around the house.  The outfits that American Girl will have won't look exactly like the character's clothes, but they will hold a similarity to the outfits, but still be wearable by a modern girl.  I hunted up some clothes to make Julie and Josefina inspired outfit combinations! 

The first one I did was Josefina.

 
I paired a white eyelet lace dress with a green skirt. 


 
I recently got this scarf from my aunt!  I thought, "Hey this looks like Josefina!"

 
I hope you can see this okay.  I thought this necklace looked similar to Josefina's necklace.  I wonder if she will have one like it in Beforever too...

 
Here is an overview of the outfit.

 
This picture ended up sideways.  I'll try to fix it later.  I always thought Josefina's outfit had a white blouse, but when I saw her in person (my friend has her)  I realized it was a long dress blouse!  So my outfit includes a white dress to be historically accurate.
 
 
Next I gathered together my 1970s costume from last year.

 
The shoes I found on clearance at Walmart for $7.

 
I think they go perfectly with the pattern on the shirt.
 

 
The headband was created by my friend who has Josefina!  Thanks girl! :)
 

 
 
This purse my aunt had for a really long time.  My mom said it looks like the 1970s styles for sure!

 
Here is a closeup of the handle!


 
These jeans were old beat up ones I had in my closet.  I used some of the material that I used to make the shirt and added it to the ends of the jeans.
 
 
I also took out the hem for a more accurate '70s vibe!



 
Here is the shirt I made from a Simplicity pattern.

 
I got the edging and the material from Jo-Ann's Crafts and Sewing store.

 
The sleeves are really cool!

 
 
So what do you think?  I can't wait to create more historically inspired outfits!  Beforever launches in 3 days!  Mark your calendars!  Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for cool doll posts!



No comments:

Post a Comment