The American Girl Attic Girls

The American Girl Attic Girls

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Samantha, Grace, and Kit - A Face Mold Comparison

Over the years, I've collected Pleasant Company and Mattel versions of American Girl dolls.  Today I'm going to do a detail comparison of three classic mold characters - but each one has few differences!!!


 

I purchased Samantha in 2007, a year before she retired.  She is Pleasant Company, but came in The American Girls Collection maroon box.


This is Grace, my first GOTY doll.  I purchased her this month! She is an updated Mattel version.


Kit came home in 2008 when her movie came out.  She is a Mattel doll. 

 
In this picture you can see the unique highlights in Grace's hair, in comparison with Samantha dark brown waves.


 This is the neck stamp on Kit.  It says American Girl, LLC
 

 Grace's neck stamp simply says American Girl.


Samantha's neck stamp says Pleasant Company.


 In these pictures you can see that the Sam and Grace's vinyl colors are different.



 Here they all are from the side.  Samantha and Grace's bodies are actually about the same size, even though many have stated that Pleasant Company bodies are larger than Mattel's.  Believe it or not, Kit's body is different, and I have had a few difficulties getting pants on her.

Below is a comparison of their mouths.  Kit and Samantha's are light pink, and Grace's is a darker pink with more defined bottom lip.



 Grace has more bluish eyes than Kit's.  Kit's eyes have a greenish tint to them.




Here you can see the difference between Kit and Grace's freckles.  Kit's freckles have different odd shapes, while Grace's are all the same and more proportionally spread out.


Below you can see the difference in the eyebrows.  Kit's are feathered but are much thinner than Grace's.  Samantha's are simply lines!  I think the new feathered eyebrows are more realistic.  Another interesting thing to note about Grace's face mold, is the new eyelid line above her eyes.  None of my other dolls have this.  I think its a unique touch.  Do you guys have any dolls besides Grace that are like this?







So that is my reaaalllyyy in depth look at these three and their differences and similarities.  Let me know if there are neat features that I missed in this post!  
 




No comments:

Post a Comment