The American Girl Attic Girls

The American Girl Attic Girls

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Doll Room Tour - Samantha

"Hello everyone!  I hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday so far.  I'm going to show everyone my room and how it looks so far!"

"I need to buy some wallpaper for the walls, but I have all my furniture in place! I am so pleased to have received this beautiful 1914 brass bed."- Samantha


I got the bed off ebay in yet another awesome deal! I believe Rebecca's bed is one of American Girl's finest.


The doll is a Hobby Lobby find and looks exactly like Lydia, the doll Samantha gave to Nellie.



Closeup of the footboard - Such marvelous detail in the brass decorations!


I also received Rebecca's kittens.  I think their faces are soooo cute!  The yarn balls came off a Christmas wreath ornament from Lowe's.


Last summer at the American Girl Store I got "Marie-Grace's" parasol.  Little did I know it would be incorporated into Samantha's collection! The jeweled containers are old perfume containers.


Here is Samantha holding the parasol open.


The chestdrawer is a jewelry box from Michael's that I plan to paint beige like her retired commode.


What I love most about the bed, is there is a cute striped pillow that slides out from the bolster pillow!


Here is a view of the mattress.  I love American Girl mattresses!


And this is what the bed looks like underneath the mattress.


I also put the Our Generation Wardrobe stool in Sam's room since it matches the bed!

So what do you think of Samantha's room so far?

"I can't wait to show Nellie!" - Samantha












2 comments: